* One change has been made to 4. admission selection decision method (2024 entrance examination), so please be sure to confirm before applying.
Be sure to refer to the "Steps to Admission" for application.
|Examination System||Application Period||Announcement of Results||Enrollment Processing Deadline|
|September Enrollment Application 1
(Domestic and International)
|April 3, 2023 (Mon.) -
April 25 (Tue.)
|May 19, 2023 (Fri.)||June 2, 2023 (Fri.)|
|April Enrollment Application 1
(Domestic and International)
|September 4, 2023 (Mon.) -
September 26 (Tue.)
|October 12, 2023 (Thu.)||October 26, 2023 (Thu.)|
|April Enrollment Application 2
(Domestic Resident Only)
|January 9, 2024 (Tue.) -
January 23 (Tue.)
|February 8, 2024 (Thu.)||February 22, 2024 (Thu.)|
|Number of Students to be Admitted||50
* This includes exchange students from overseas partner universities.
|Number of Students to be Recruited||Varies Annually|
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality are required to have Japanese language proficiency equivalent to N5 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Tests, and to meet either item (1) or (2) of the September Enrollment of 2023 Academic Year or the April Enrollment of 2024 Academic Year.
* Only Application Ⅱ (Domestic Only) for April Enrollment of 2024 Academic Year, applicants have to meet above, (3) and (4) below:
Applicants will be assessed based on a screening of the completed application documents (in particular, Japanese language proficiency and desire to learn) as well as an online interview.
However, if you are unable to submit a copy of your Japanese language proficiency test transcript, please contact the Division of International Affairs in advance.
* Applicants will receive an email from Kyoto University of Foreign Studies when the necessary data entries are completed and the fee is paid. Make sure your email setting accepts messages sent from the "kufs.ac.jp".
* If you are already staying in Japan, KUFS does not take these procedures. The applicant needs to apply for their Certificate of Eligibility by themselves at a Regional Immigration Bureau.
|Documents to be Submitted||Method of submission|
|(1)||Completed application form
(Applicants can enter and submit their personal entry data through internet.)
|Submit the documents (1) - (7) through "Internet Application System".|
|(2)||Photograph (4x3cm) (The photograph must have been taken within the last three months and must show only the applicant's face and shoulders.)|
|(3)||Reason for applying and plan after completion
(Download the paper form. Write in Japanese, then scan and upload to the site.)
Download the paper form (PDF: 18KB)
|(4)||Certificate of health
(Download the paper form. Bring it to a public medical organization and receive their certificate on it. Then scan and upload to the site.)
Download the paper form (PDF: 47KB)
* The page including your name and the photograph of your face as well as all pages which include all previous records of entry and departure to and from Japan.
(Scan and upload the site.)
|(6)||A copy of results obtained in the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU), Test of Practical Japanese (J.Test), The Japanese Language NAT-TEST, Japanese Proficiency Test (JPT), BJT Business Japanese Proficiency Test, Standard Test for Business Japanese, Top Japanese (JOPT), Certificate of Japanese as a Foreign Language, Japanese Language Capability Test or Practical Japanese Communication Exam/ Bridge (PJC/ PJC Bridge) within 3 years of the application. (Note 1)
A copy of the admission card for the examination is invalid.
(Scan and upload the site.)
|(7)||Alien Registration Certificate (both sides), or the Resident Card (both sides)
* If the applicant resides in Japan.
(Scan and upload the site.)
|(8)||[ Original ] Certificate of Graduation (or prospective graduation) issued by the (senior) high school||Send the documents (8) - (15) by post.
[ Under no circumstances will applications be accepted after the deadline ]
|(9)||[ Original ] An official transcript of the student's academic record issued by the high school
(The transcript must have explanations on grading practices.)
|(10)||[ Original ] A document which certifies the applicant's qualification to enter a university
|If the applicant has graduated or is currently attending a university or a junior college, he/she should also submit the following documents.|
|(11)||[ Original ] The Certificate of Graduation (or graduation expected) issued by the university or junior college.|
|(12)||[ Original ] An official transcript of the university or junior college.
(The transcript must have an explanation of grading practices.)
|If the applicant has attended a Japanese university, college and/or language school, he/she should also submit the following documents.|
|(13)||[ Original ] The Certificate of Enrollment issued by the educational institution the applicant has attended.|
|(14)||[ Original ] An official transcript issued by the educational institution the applicant has attended. (The official transcript must have an explanation of grading practices.)|
|(15)||[ Original ] The certificate of attendance by the educational institution the applicant has attended.|
Note 1: If you are unable to submit a copy of your Japanese language proficiency test transcript, please contact the Division of International Affairs in advance.
* If documents are written in languages other than Japanese or English, please attach an official translation in English or Japanese. The translation must be certified by a government office.
* The university may request further documents in addition to the ones listed above.
Make a payment of ¥25,000 through "Internet Application System" with your credit card.
VISA, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, and Union Pay are accepted.
* Application fees will not be refunded once remitted.
* The name of the card holder can be different from the applicant.
A candidate whose application is approved must follow the enrollment procedures, which is to submit the required documents and pay the tuition fee by the deadline. If an applicant fails to follow the enrollment procedures, the university will not accept him/ her into the course by any other means.
In addition, documents submitted and tuition fees paid to the university are accepted on the condition that they are not returnable.
For more details of the enrollment procedures, please refer to the "ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES", which will be attached to the email notifying the admission decision.
* For enrollment procedures, as a rule, the required guarantor should be the father or the mother of the student. The guarantor should be capable of assuming full responsibility, both moral and financial, for the student during his/her stay in Japan. It is not necessary that the guarantor is residing in Japan. Also the guarantor may be a relative or an acquaintance who is capableof assuming the above responsibility.
(Min Payment At Time of Enrollment Processing)
|Admission Fee||¥120,000||¥0||¥120,000||Enrollment Procedures only|
* The fees for flower arrangement, tea ceremony, calligraphy, and so on will be charged separately.
We will issue a letter of admission to those who have completed the enrollment procedures (i.e. those who have paid the fees and have submitted the relevant documents). The letter qualifies you to enter the university but the qualification will be invalid if the applicant did not meet the application requirements, and fails to arrive in Japan before the starting date for classes (International Resident).
A student who has received the Letter of Admission should obtain a college student visa by completing the necessary procedures.
Details concerning visa procedures are detailed in the STUDENT VISA PROCEDURES document.
A student who has completed the enrollment procedures and declines the enrollment by March 31st for April enrollment, September 19th for September enrollment will be qualified to receive a refund of fees except the admission fee by submitting an admission waiver form.
For details of refund procedures, please refer to the document entitled ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES.
|Academic Year||Applicants||Passed Applicants|
|2022||April Enrollment Application 1||7||7|
|April Enrollment Application 2||0||0|
|2021||April Enrollment Application 1||11||11|
|April Enrollment Application 2||1||1|
|2020||April Enrollment Application 1||49||19|
|April Enrollment Application 2||6||6|
6 Kasame-cho, Saiin, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8558 JAPAN TEL: +81-(0)75-322-6043 / FAX: +81-(0)75-322-6243 / E-Mail: Inquiry form