1. Aim of the Program
This online short-term intensive Japanese program is offered by Kyoto University of Foreign Studies ("KUFS"). It is designed for students who wish to improve their Japanese language proficiency and feel closer to Japan through classes with a variety of themes such as Japanese classes, traditional Japanese culture and group works with KUFS students providing an atmosphere to navigate Japanese life. We are looking forward to meeting you in this online program.
2. Duration of the Program
February 15 (Mon.), 2021 - February 26 (Fri.), 2021 (JST)
3. Tentative Schedule
KUFS Winter Online Japanese Program 2021 (Tentative) (PDF: 166KB)
4. Classes (Approx. 40 hours)
- Intensive Japanese classes
- All Japanese language courses are provided by small classes (approx.10 per class), and divided into four proficiency levels (basic to advanced).
- Traditional Japanese cultural experiences (Tea Ceremony, Japanese Pop Culture etc.)
- Group works with KUFS students
5. Maximum Capacity
- In the case that the number of participants does not reach the minimum capacity (10 students), this program will be cancelled.
- Applicants must be either high school students, undergraduate students, graduate students or working adults (with a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalency).
- Applicants must have basic knowledge of Japanese language, such as daily conversation. (All classes will be held in Japanese)
- Applicants must agree to the "Declaration and Terms & Conditions".
7. Teaching Method
Online Live Classes via Microsoft Teams
- Make sure to secure a stable internet connection and preparation of Electronic Device.
8. Program Fee
Including: registration fee, tuition, class e-materials and access ID for KUFS academic network system
- Accepted applicants will receive an email with guidelines for payment after the application is closed.
- Payments should be made by credit cards.
VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, and Union Pay are accepted.
9. Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the program, your certificate of completion will be issued and couriered to you at no additional cost.
KUFS scholarship is not available.
How to Apply
23:59 December 24 (Thu.), 2020 (JST)
- Applications may be closed earlier if the number of applications reaches maximum capacity.
Complete steps 1 and 2 before the Application Deadline.
Fill in the online Application Form.
Application Form (Click here)
Email to us with a copy of Passport and Photograph.
- 4cm x 3cm photograph size (full face without a hat against plain background). The photograph must be in color, and have been taken within 3 months of the application.
Declaration and Terms & Conditions
Division of International Affairs, Kyoto University of Foreign Studies
6 Kasame-cho, Saiin, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 6158558 JAPAN
Tel: +81(0)75 322 6043 /
Fax: +81(0)75 322 6243 /
Email: Inquiry form