* Be sure to refer to the "Steps to Admission" for application.
|Program A||Program B|
|Application period||Nov. 20, 2019 (Fri.) to
Jan. 16, 2020 (Thu.)
|Apr. 1, 2020 (Wed.) to
Apr. 22 (Wed.)
|Results announcement date||Jan. 31, 2020 (Fri.)||May 8, 2020 (Fri.)|
|Admission process deadline||Feb. 14, 2020 (Fri.)||May 22, 2020 (Fri.)|
|Department of Global Studies||A few students|
Applicants must possess non-Japanese nationality, and fulfil requirements (1), (2) and either requirement (3) or (4).
* If you have questions about application qualifications etc., please contact the University Admissions Center. Tel: +81 (0)75-322-6035
* The TOEIC 4 Skills score is the total obtained by adding the TOEIC (S&W) score multiplied by 2.5 to the TOEIC (L&R) score
The decision on an application will made based on assessment of the theme essay (to be written in English) that applicants are asked to write, the results of IELTS or other English language tests, and an overall assessment of the application documents submitted.
Our university will inform all the applicants in date of results in the entrance examination by Express Mail.
The results are not announced on the University homepage.
The University will answer no questions about the results of entrance admission by telephone, e-mail etc.
Please pay ¥20,000 (Japanese yen) by credit card.
Accepted credit cards: VISA, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, UnionPay Ginren
* The name on the card does not need to be the name of the applicant.
* Examination fees that have already been paid will not be refunded.
* Applicants will receive an email from Kyoto University of Foreign Studies when the necessary data entries are completed and the fee is paid. Make sure your email setting accepts messages sent from the "kufs.ac.jp".
* If you are already staying in Japan, KUFS does not take these procedures. The applicant needs to apply for their Certificate of Eligibility by themselves at a Regional Immigration Bureau.
This is a system through which applicants with excellent results in tests designated by the University are exempted from the admission fee (an amount equivalent to the admission fee will be refunded after admission). Students who achieve any of the required levels detailed in the table below are eligible.
|Applicants whose mother tongue is English||The required score in any of the following tests: TOEIC (L&R) 945 points of above, TOEIC 4 Skills 1845 points or above, TOEFL iBT 95 points or above IELTS 7.0 or above|
|Applicants whose mother tongue is not English||The required score in any of the following tests: TOEIC (L&R) 835 points or above, TOEIC 4 Skills 1670 points or above, TOEFL iBT 80 points or above, Cambridge English PET 168 points or above, Cambridge English FCE 168 points or above, IELTS 6.0 or above.|
Note: The application for the Admission Fee Exemption must be made at the time of application.
Applications not made at time will not be considered.
The TOEIC 4 Skills score is the total obtained by adding the TOEIC (S&W) score multiplied by 2.5 to the TOEIC (L&R) score
6 Kasame-cho, Saiin, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8558 Japan TEL: +81-(0)75-322-6035 / FAX: +81-(0)75-322-6241 / E-Mail: Inquiry form
* Inquiries are accepted from Monday through Saturday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. (Excluding Sundays and national holidays.)