2022 Academic Year International Student Admission Examination Outline
Admission Examination Information
* Be sure to refer to the "Steps to Admission" for application.
1. Admission Schedule (Enroll in September 2022)
||May. 17, 2022 (Tue.) to Jun. 1 (Wed.)
|Results Announcement Date
||Jun. 24, 2022 (Fri.)
|Admission Process Deadline
||Jul. 8, 2022 (Fri.)
<You can create your account from the first day of each Application schedule>
2. Number of applicants accepted
|Department of Global Studies
||A few students
4. Admission examination fee
Please pay ¥20,000 (Japanese yen) by credit card.
Accepted credit cards: VISA, Mastercard, American Express, JCB
* The name on the card does not need to be the name of the applicant.
* Examination fees that have already been paid will not be refunded.
Steps to Admission
- 1Check the "Documents to be Submitted".
- 2Online registration: Create your "My Account" through "Internet Application System".
- 3Apply through "Internet Application System".
- 4Send the documents by post. [ Under no circumstances will applications be accepted after the deadline ]
- 5Make a payment of Application Fee (¥20,000) through "Internet Application System".
* Applicants will receive an email from Kyoto University of Foreign Studies when the necessary data entries are completed and the fee is paid. Make sure your email setting accepts messages sent from the "kufs.ac.jp".
- 6Application Review・Notification of Results
The results announcement will be notified to the applicant by mail through the "Admissions Exam Result Notification".
The results can also be viewed on the Internet Application System on the same day.
However, the results will not be released on the universityís website.
We will not respond to any inquiries regarding acceptance by such as phone or email.
Success in Application
- 7Make a payment of Admission and Tuition fees.
- 8Submit enrollment documents.
Procedures for Certificate of Eligibility
- 9Proxy Application
- 10Send a Letter of Admission and Certificate of Eligibility
* If you are already staying in Japan, KUFS does not take these procedures. The applicant needs to apply for their Certificate of Eligibility by themselves at a Regional Immigration Bureau.
- 11VISA Application
- 12Entry into Japan
Start studying at KUFS
Kyoto University of Foreign Studies / Kyoto Junior College of Foreign Languages Admissions Center
6 Kasame-cho, Saiin, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8558 Japan
TEL: +81-(0)75-322-6035 /
FAX: +81-(0)75-322-6241 /
E-Mail: Inquiry form
* Inquiries are accepted from Monday through Saturday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. (Excluding Sundays and national holidays.)