In response to the World Health Organization (WHO) declaring the novel coronavirus outbreak centered in China an "emergency," KUFS held its first Crisis Management Committee Meeting on January 31st and has decided that all study-abroad programs to China for students at our University will be temporarily suspended.
1. All study-abroad programs (international) to China (including Hong Kong and Macau) will be temporarily suspended.
2. All Chinese students of the University who are currently staying in Japan are advised to remain in Japan and refrain from returning to China.
3. A prompt decision will be made regarding the precautions that will be taken upon the return of faculty members and students of the University who are currently studying or staying in China. Until then, they are advised to remain in China.
4. All individuals affiliated with the University who have recently returned to Japan or intend to return to Japan shall remain at home for a period of two weeks. They will be allowed to return to the University once their health condition has been verified.
5. A decision will be made in due course with regard to all incoming Chinese exchange students (undergraduate students, international program students, graduate students), invitees to the University, and research staff in 2020, depending on how the situation develops.
※KUFS does not have any students who are on exchange in or Chinese students admitted from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of this outbreak.
With this decision, current students should refrain from traveling to China.
When you go abroad (Excluding China, Hong Kong and Macau), please make sure to check for relevant information in your destination to think and act accordingly and be sure to register for “Tabiregi” by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (If you stay more than 3 months, you will need to submit a Residental Registration).
In addition, please take the same infection prevention measures as you would in the cold and flu season, such as covering your mouth when coughing or washing your hands.
・Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (Japanese)
・Ministry of Foreign Affairs Overseas Safety website (Japanese)
・National institute of infectious diseases (English)
・About infectious diseases related to the new coronavirus (Japanese)