Be sure to refer to the "Steps to Admission" for application.
|Examination System||Application Period||Announcement of Results||Enrollment Processing Deadline|
|September Enrollment Application 1
(Domestic and International)
|April 5, 2018 (Thu.) -
May 10 (Thu.)
|June 4, 2018 (Mon.)||June 18, 2018 (Mon.)|
|April Enrollment Application 1
(Domestic and International)
|September 13, 2018 (Thu.) -
November 8 (Thu.)
|December 3, 2018 (Mon.)||December 17, 2018 (Mon.)|
|April Enrollment Application 2
(Domestic Resident Only)
|January 10, 2019 (Thu.) -
January 31 (Thu.)
|February 18, 2019 (Mon.)||February 28, 2019 (Thu.)|
|Number of Students to be Admitted||50
* This includes exchange students from overseas partner universities.
|Number of Students to be Recruited||Varies Annually|
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality are required to have studied the Japanese language for 150 hours or more (equivalent to N5 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Tests), and to meet either item (1) or (2) of the September Enrollment of 2018 Academic Year or the April Enrollment of 2019 Academic Year.
* Only Application Ⅱ (Domestic Only) for April Enrollment of 2019 Academic Year, applicants have to meet above, (3) and (4) below:
Admission decision will be made by a review of the completed application documents; especially, the statement of eagerness to learn and of the current proficiency in the Japanese language.
* Applicants will receive an email from Kyoto University of Foreign Studies when the necessary data entries are completed and the fee is paid. Make sure your email setting accepts messages sent from the "kufs.ac.jp".
* If you are already staying in Japan, KUFS does not take these procedures. The applicant needs to apply for their Certificate of Eligibility by themselves at a Regional Immigration Bureau.
|Documents to be Submitted||Method of submission|
|(1)||Completed application form
(Applicants can enter and submit their personal entry data through internet.)
|Submit the documents (1) - (3) through "Internet Application System".|
|(2)||Reason for applying and plan after completion
(Download the paper form. Write in Japanese, then scan and upload to the site.)
Download the paper form (PDF: 18KB)
|(3)||Certificate of health
(Download the paper form. Bring it to a public medical organization and receive their certificate on it. Then scan and upload to the site.)
Download the paper form (PDF: 47KB)
|(4)||[ Original ] Certificate of Graduation (or prospective graduation) issued by the (senior) high school||Send the documents (4) - (14) by post.
[ Under no circumstances will applications be accepted after the deadline ]
|(5)||[ Original ] An official transcript of the student's academic record issued by the high school
(The transcript must have explanations on grading practices.)
|(6)||A document which certifies the applicant's qualification to enter a university
|(7)||A copy of results obtained in the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU), Japanese Language Proficiency Test (for those students who have already taken the examination) or a document certifying that the applicant has studied the Japanese language for a total of more than 150 hours. [ Original ]|
|(8)||Copies of the Alien Registration Certificate (both sides), or the Resident Card (both sides)
(If the applicant resides in Japan.)
|(9)||Passport copy of all the pages|
|(10)||Five photographs (4x3cm) (The photograph must have been taken within the last three months and must show only the applicant's face and shoulders.)|
|If the applicant has graduated or is currently attending a university or a junior college, he/she should also submit the following documents.|
|(11)||[ Original ] The Certificate of Graduation (or graduation expected) issued by the university or junior college.|
|(12)||[ Original ] An official transcript of the university or junior college.
(The transcript must have an explanation of grading practices.)
|If the applicant has attended a Japanese university, college and/or language school, he/she should also submit the following documents.|
|(13)||[ Original ] The Certificate of Enrollment issued by the educational institution the applicant has attended.|
|(14)||[ Original ] An official transcript issued by the educational institution the applicant has attended. (The official transcript must have an explanation of grading practices.)|
* If documents are written in languages other than Japanese, English or Chinese, please attach an official translation in English or Japanese. The translation must be certified by a government office.
* The university may request further documents in addition to the ones listed above.
Make a payment of ¥25,000 through "Internet Application System" with your credit card.
VISA, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, and Union Pay are accepted.
* Applicants will receive an email from Kyoto University of Foreign Studies when the necessary data entries are completed and the fee is paid.
* The name of the card holder can be different from the applicant.
A candidate whose application is approved must follow the enrollment procedures, which is to submit the required documents and pay the tuition fee by the deadline. If an applicant fails to follow the enrollment procedures, the university will not accept him/ her into the course by any other means.
In addition, documents submitted and tuition fees paid to the university are accepted on the condition that they are not returnable.
For more details of the enrollment procedures, please refer to the "ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES", which will be attached to the email notifying the admission decision.
* For enrollment procedures, as a rule, the required guarantor should be the father or the mother of the student. The guarantor should be capable of assuming full responsibility, both moral and financial, for the student during his/her stay in Japan. It is not necessary that the guarantor is residing in Japan. Also the guarantor may be a relative or an acquaintance who is capableof assuming the above responsibility.
(Min Payment At Time of Enrollment Processing)
|Admission Fee||¥120,000||¥0||¥120,000||Enrollment Procedures only|
* The fees for flower arrangement, tea ceremony, calligraphy, and so on will be charged separately.
We will issue a letter of admission to those who have completed the enrollment procedures (i.e. those who have paid the fees and have submitted the relevant documents). The letter qualifies you to enter the university but the qualification will be invalid if the applicant did not meet the application requirements, and fails to arrive in Japan before the starting date for classes (International Resident).
A student who has received the Letter of Admission should obtain a college student visa by completing the necessary procedures.
Details concerning visa procedures are detailed in the STUDENT VISA PROCEDURES document.
A student who has completed the enrollment procedures and declines the enrollment by March 31st for April enrollment, September 19th for September enrollment will be qualified to receive a refund of fees except the admission fee by submitting an admission waiver form.
For details of refund procedures, please refer to the document entitled ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES.
|Academic Year||Applicants||Passed Applicants|
|2017||April Enrollment Application 1||23||23|
|April Enrollment Application 2||5||5|
|2016||April Enrollment Application 1||18||18|
|April Enrollment Application 2||5||5|
|April Enrollment Application 3||4||4|
|2015||April Enrollment Application 1||8||8|
|April Enrollment Application 2||1||1|
|2014||April Enrollment Application 1||5||5|
|April Enrollment Application 2||3||3|
6 Kasame-cho, Saiin, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8558 JAPAN TEL: +81-(0)75-322-6043 / FAX: +81-(0)75-322-6243 / E-Mail: Inquiry form
* Office is open daily from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except for weekends and public holidays).
* Inquires can be made in Japanese, English, and Chinese languages.